Practical Intelligence, LLC is looking to bring on an experienced System Administrator, with minimum 8 to 12 years experience maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Candidate must be proficient in VMware or MS Hypervisor to support virtual desktop environments.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Proven experience as a System Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to meet DoD Directive 8570.01 Certification for IAT Level I, II, or III
- Minimum clearance requirement: TS/SCI w/ CI polygraph
Please send your resume to Doyle.Baker@practicalintel.com, thank you!